On 23-23 May, Moscow will host the VII BRICS Academic Forum "Cooperation for growth, security and prosperity." The event is organised by the National Committee on BRICS Research.
During the forum, plenary sessions will be held on the following topics:
- Building a Fair World Order (International Law, the Role of International Institutions, Multipolarity and Sovereign Equality);
- Reform of the International Financial System and the Future of BRICS-Born Institutions;
- Social Problems and Quality of Life - Possible Issues for BRICS Cooperation;
- Trade: Integrity of the Rules-Based Trade Regime and BRICS Role;
- ICT and Internet Governance:
- New Drivers of BRICS Economic Cooperation;
- Sustainable Inclusive Development - Need for a BRICS-Developed Paradigm;
- Peace and Security: Stability, New Threats and Challenges, and Opportunities for BRICS;
- Culture, Science and Education as Drivers of Enhanced Cooperation Within BRICS: Intercivilizational Exchanges and Dialogue, Knowledge Sharing, etc.;
- Vision for BRICS Evolution - Institutionalisation, Enlargement and Outreach;
- BRICS and the Outside World: Perceptions and Opportunities for Managing BRICS Image.
Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergei Lavrov is expected to speak at the forum's opening. Head of the State Duma Committee on Education and Chair of the Board of the National Committee on BRICS Research Vyacheslav Nikonov will act as a moderator.
Guests of honour include Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Russia's BRICS Sherpa Sergei Ryabkov; Chair of the Federation Council Committee on International Affairs Konstantin Kosachyov; Head of the State Duma Committee on International Affairs Alexei Pushkov; Deputy Head of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Georgy Petrov; President of the Russian Banks Association Garegin Tosunyan; Rector of Lomonosov Moscow State University Viktor Sadovnichy; Dean of the School of World Economics and World Politics at the National Research University-Higher School of Economics Sergei Karaganov; Director of the Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of Latin America and Executive Director of the Gorchakov Foundation for Public Diplomacy Support Leonid Drachevsky.
The forum will be attended by ambassadors and delegations from BRICS Think Tanks.
Venue and time:
Four Seasons Hotel Moscow, 2 Okhotny Ryad
The event commences at 10 am
Accreditation requests online till 20 May 2015
For accreditation also contact the Media Accreditation Centre of the National Committee on BRICS Research:
telephone: +7 (981) 710-80-30